Monday, October 19, 2009

Running


I did a 10 mile run today.  Actually it amazes me that I can write that.  It wasn't all that long ago that such a run would have been incomprehensible.  A fantasy.  Yet I banged it out today in about 1:17.  Not fast but not butt dragging either.  I must confess the last two mile were misery and I had to walk a few times.  The weather here is now wonderful and the running is great.  I have not done a big run in awhile,  limiting myself to about 7-8 miles.  That will begin to change with me eventually cranking out 15 mile runs once a week and two more runs in the 6-8 mile range but with fast tempos.

I had a great bike ride on Saturday, pedling 52 miles in 2:38.  Traffice slowed me down some and I climbed about 2300 feet of elevation.  I should be hitting 70-75 rides in a few weeks with regularity.

i enjoy the training.  It just is something hard to describe...it feels like a real weird day when I don't get a really great workout in.  Must be obsessed or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment