Saturday, September 26, 2009

Weeks Activites


Well not only did I create this blog but I actually did some good training this week.  Beginning in October I will start the volume build up for off season workouts.  By January I should be running 30-40 miles a week riding about 150 miles a week, and doing 3 swim workouts a week, emphasizing distance (volume) work.  Between now and then I will also lift weights about twice a week depending on how I feel.


I would like to weigh in the 180 pound region when I begin serious competition in March.  That will be tough to do as I have not seen that weight since Ronald Reagan was President.  It will take disciplined nutrition as I must eat enough of the good food to be able to do these big volume workouts and stay away from hi caloric low nutrition foods, you know, the good stuff...


This week I did a little over 21 miles worth of running, about 70 miles on the bike, two weight training sessions and no swimming.  We had much needed heavy rains for several days this week so I can't complain about how it affected my training.  I am somewhat surprised at how good everything felt despite not doing heavy serious workouts in awhile.  I consider this part of my training as "maintenance" training.  Just keeping things tuned until the heavy stuff starts later in the year.

1 comment:

  1. This will be interesting to follow, Brett. It seems ambitious enough!

    ReplyDelete