Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ouch!

Why do I do this?  On Tuesday I did my bike ride and my legs were a bit tired so of course on Wednesday I had an eight mile tempo run to do, and  I accomplished that.


This morning I could barely walk to the bathroom.

It really wasn't my legs what were tired but my joints.  My knees were a little bit stiff but my ankles, specifically my Achilles tendons...geez.   Your tendons are supposed to be pliable.  Mine went from the flexibility of rubber bands to piano wire overnight.  So what do i do?  Well I followed my training schedule and did my weight lifting this morning and that helped loosen everything up.  I've also noticed that when I sit for an extended period like in the car for over 30 minutes, or the eternal church meetings I attend, when I stand up...well, everybody just asks, "what's wrong?" with alarmed looks on their faces.  It just takes a few strides for everything to loosen up and I quit moving like I'm eighty or something,

Why is this happening? Oh yeah, I'm aging up...

No comments:

Post a Comment